We are keeping things under constant review and will be working to government guidelines.
We would like to encourage people to take a Lateral Flow Test before attending a face to face CL:AIRE training course, to not attend if they have any COVID symptoms and people are encouraged to wear a mask in all communal areas.
Antibacterial gel is available.
Course Description & Learning Outcomes:
This full day hands-on course provides participants with an introduction to Controlled Waters Detailed Quantitative Risk Assessment (DQRA). The course will be taught through a series of lectures interspersed with practical hand-on sessions using the Environment Agency’s RTM model. Delegates will learn about:
• The UK regulatory context relevant to Controlled Waters DQRA
• Methods/tools for Controlled Waters DQRA and how to choose which are most appropriate for the site being assessed
• Principles of contaminant fate and transport modelling in groundwater
• Data requirements for groundwater DQRA
• Forward versus reverse modelling to assess risks to Controlled Waters receptors
• How to derive site specific assessment criteria for soil and groundwater that are protective of Controlled Waters receptors
• Assessing uncertainty and risk evaluation
Each course is restricted to 10 delegates to ensure good trainer to delegate ratio for the practical work. Delegates should bring their own laptops with the RTM model v3.2 downloaded (see https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/remedial-targets-worksheet-v22a-user-manual ) with the Excel Add-Ins “Analysis ToolPak” and “Analysis ToolPak VBA” enabled.
A certificate of attendance will be provided on completion of attendance.
Who should attend this course:
Geoenvironmental consultants, remediation contractors, contaminated land officers/regulators.