Suitable only if you have successfully completed the CL:AIRE Asbestos Awareness for Land Professionals eLearning course (or equivalent) within the last two years, but not within the last six months, and require an updated Asbestos Awareness Certificate.
Asbestos Awareness for Land Professionals Refresher
This Refresher Asbestos Awareness e-Learning training course, is designed to meet the requirements of Regulation 10 of the Control of Asbestos Regulations 2012 (CAR2012). It is directed at managerial, professional, technical, and supervisory grades and will provide the minimum information that is needed to help employees avoid work that may disturb asbestos during any normal site operations which could disturb asbestos in the ground or in Construction and Demolition (C&D) materials.
- This e-Learning training course is not appropriate for craft and semi-skilled or unskilled and labouring occupations.
- This training is approximately 2 hours long
- It is the minimum requirement to avoid being exposed to asbestos, NOT manage your risk on site
- Content covers what is required in Regulation 10 CAR2012
In line with Regulation 10 CAR2012, Asbestos Awareness training should be given to those workers in the construction and allied trades. Where, as a result of working on soil and C&D materials that could potentially be contaminated by asbestos, may become exposed during their work.
This includes, but is not limited to those managerial, professional, technical, and supervisory grades involved in the following work:
- Ground investigations and surveys
- Land remediation operations
- Ground improvement operations
- Earthworks and landscaping
- Installation of foundations; piling, piling mats
- Installation of underground utilities; excavations
- Demolition of ground/below ground structures
- Production and use of recycled aggregate
It must be noted that Asbestos Awareness training on its own, will not prepare employees or self-employed persons to carry out work with soil and C&D materials contaminated by asbestos. If a worker is planning to or is required by their employer to carry out work that is likely to or will disturb asbestos containing materials in the ground, further information, instruction and training will be needed.