Soil and Groundwater Risk Assessment
The Land Contamination Risk Management process sets out three stages in managing risks from pollutant linkages. The first stage is risk assessment and is key to identifying the pollutant linkages causing unacceptable risk.
This course presents the key stages to soil and groundwater risk assessment. It underpins risk based management of soil and groundwater contamination and also informs sustainable management solutions.
The course consists of 12 modules and one assessment. The assessment is set after module 12. All modules contain a video and further reading options.
Module 1 Introduction to Soil and Groundwater Risk Assessment
Module 2 Problem Formulation and the Conceptual Site Model
Module 3 Tier 1 Screening – Generic Quantitative Risk Assessment
Module 4 Tier 2 – Detailed Quantitative Risk Assessment
Module 5 Human Health QRA – Exposure Modelling
Module 6 Human Health QRA – Toxicity Assessment and Risk Characterisation
Module 7 Ecological Risk Assessment
Module 8 Water Resources Risk Assessment
Module 9 Assessing Uncertainty
Module 10 Risk Evaluation
Module 11 Risk Management Strategies
Module 12 Verification
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Understand why it is important to carry out a risk assessment when assessing soil and groundwater contamination
- Describe how to formulate the problem and how to develop a conceptual site model
- Understand why we have screening levels and how they should be used
- Understand the principles behind human health quantitative risk assessment
- Understand the principles behind ecological and water resources risk assessment
- Understand the importance of assessing uncertainty when evaluating risks and developing risk management strategies
- Demonstrate that the risk has been reduced
Purchased Enrolment Key
If you have purchased access to this course and your invoice is marked as paid, please click here to go to your Dashboard and get your enrolment key. You will see a link to eLearning Enrolment Information in the green Actions panel on the top left of your Dashboard.
Company Enrolment Key
If your company name appears in the list below, please contact your training department for your enrolment key.
If you are still having difficulties, please let us know via the Help Desk.