Asbestos in Soil Blended Learning Suite
- Please click on the appropriate course title below to enrol in the course.
- You must have purchased the course before enrolling.
- Make sure you have logged in on the main CL:AIRE website first.
- Make sure your name appears in the top right of the green bar. This is the name that will appear on the course certificate. If someone else's name appears, or your name is not correct, please contact us via the Help Desk.
About the courses in this category
These Asbestos Awareness e-Learning training courses, which are designed to meet the requirements of Regulation 10 of the Control of Asbestos Regulations 2012 (CAR2012), are directed at managerial, professional, technical, and supervisory grades and will provide the minimum information needed to help employees avoid work that may disturb asbestos during any normal site operations which could disturb asbestos in the ground or in Construction and Demolition (C&D) materials.
- These e-Learning training courses are not appropriate for craft and semi-skilled or unskilled and labouring occupations.
- The FULL course is approximately 5 hours long
- The REFRESHER course is approximately 2 hours long
- The FULL course is the minimum requirement to avoid being exposed to asbestos, NOT manage your risk on site
- The REFRESHER course is suitable for anyone who has passed the CL:AIRE FULL course (or equivalent) within the last 2 years, but more than 6 months ago.
- Content covers what is required in Regulation 10 CAR2012
In line with Regulation 10 CAR2012, Asbestos Awareness training should be given to those workers in the construction and allied trades where, as a result of working on soil and C&D materials that could potentially be contaminated by asbestos may become exposed during their work.
This includes, but is not limited to those managerial, professional, technical, and supervisory grades involved in the following work:
- Ground investigations and surveys
- Land remediation operations
- Ground improvement operations
- Earthworks and landscaping
- Installation of foundations; piling, piling mats
- Installation of underground utilities; excavations
- Demolition of ground/below ground structures
- Production and use of recycled aggregate
It must be noted that Asbestos Awareness training on its own will not prepare employees or self-employed persons to carry out work with soil and C&D materials contaminated by asbestos. If a worker is planning to or is required by their employer to carry out work that is likely to or will disturb asbestos containing materials in the ground, further information, instruction and training will be needed.