This course presents the key stages to monitored natural attenuation as an accepted remediation technology.
The course consists of four modules and two assessments. The first assessment is set after module 1 and the second on completion of all the modules. Module 1 comprises a recommended reading list for self-study and modules 2, 3 and 4 are videos consisting of a presentation with narration.
Module 1 Introduction to Monitored Natural Attenuation
Module 2 Screening
Module 3 Demonstration and Assessment
Module 4 Implementation
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Explain the main considerations that need to be taken into consideration when assessing whether MNA is suitable
- Explain the main processes and lines of evidence involved in applying monitored natural attenuation
- Understand how to demonstrate and assess the main processes and techniques in MNA
- Understand how to design, implement and monitor MNA processes
- Understand how to interpret and report results
- Subject Expert: Phil Morgan