Conference Videos and Special Publication
- Videos of the presentations from the 20th Anniversary Conference are now available to view by delegates and CL:AIRE members. 21 presentations were recorded, 18 from the two parallel sessions plus the 2 keynote speakers and the Chairman's welcome.
- Please note that in order to watch the videos you will need to login to your account on the CL:AIRE website and your account should be created using your member organisation email address. If you think your account does not have the correct permissions to view the videos, please contact us via the Help Desk.
- Once logged in, go to Knowledge Centre > Videos & Podcasts > Innovation, Efficiency & Standards - CL:AIRE 20th Anniversary Conference to view all the videos.
- Three presentations without video have their slides available to download, also for delegates and CL:AIRE Members only (once logged in).
- A Special Publication from the 20th Anniversary Conference has been compiled and is now available to download by delegates and employees of Principal and Supporter Member organisations. 20 papers are included, 18 from the two parallel sessions (1 - sustainable soil reuse and the Definition of Waste Code of Practice & 2 - technology and innovation in site investigation and remediation) plus the 2 keynote speakers.
- You will need to login to your account on the CL:AIRE website to download the publication (your account should be created using your member organisation email address). If you think your account does not have the correct permissions, please contact us via the Help Desk.
|Presentation List||Video Available||Paper in Special Publication|
|Keynote: CL:AIRE - The 20 Year Story - Steve Edgar, VertaseFLI||Y||Y|
|Keynote: Communicating Geoscience - Professor Paul Nathanail, LQM||Y||Y|
|SUSTAINABLE SOILS & DOWCOP SESSION|
|The use of intelligent plant to plan and control complex materials management on construction sites - James Cartwright, GeoStream UK||Y||Y|
|The Avenue Former Coking Works Remediation and Regeneration Project (1999-2018) / Verification and DoWCoP - Martin Westwood, Jacobs||N, but slides are available here||Y|
|Maximising the Sustainable Re-use of Landfill Materials on Brownfield Sites using DoWCoP - George Evans, Soilfix||Y||Y|
|Creating a circular economy and future urban mining in Belgium - Marc Dillen, Grondbank & Tracimat||Y||Y|
|Soils Manufacture - FAB Soil - Mark Fitzsimons & Kate Schofield, University of Plymouth||Y||Y|
|A QP’s perspective on DoWCoP: the good, the bad and the ugly - Liz Gray, Atkins||Y||Y|
|Sustainability benefits and the value added of recycling excavated site materials - Paul Bardos, r3 Environmental Technology Ltd||Y||Y|
|Debunking myths about sustainable remediation - Jonathan Smith, Shell Global Solutions (UK)||Y||Y|
|Lessons learned from biodiversity net gain and opportunities for managing complex legacy sites - Tom Butterworth, WSP||Y||N|
|The Conceptual Site Model – the building block of sustainable remediation - Alan Thomas & Kevin Leahy, ERM||Y||Y|
|New physics for mapping old problems – Tim Grossey, RSK||Y||N|
|Innovative LNAPL monitoring and modelling to aid design and delivery of remediation at an operational manufacturing site in the Midlands - David Holmes & Giacomo Maini, Ecologia||Y||Y|
|Restoration of chlorinated solvent contaminated groundwater sites: The Value of Information Challenge - Gary Wealthall, Geosyntec||N, but slides are available here||Y|
|Recent advances in Subgrade Biogeochemical Reactor technology - Jeff Gamlin and Claudio Albano, Jacobs||Y||Y|
|Remediation of aquitards - Jim Wragg, Geosyntec||N, but slides are available here||Y|
|Looking forward for ground gas risk assessment - a new screening approach - Steve Wilson, EPG||Y||Y|
|Characterisation and risk management of PFAS in UK context - Ian Ross, Arcadis||Y||Y|
|Use of colloidal activated carbon for the treatment of PFAS contamination - Gareth Leonard, Regenesis||Y||Y|
|Low temperature thermal desorption of PFAS - Jeff Gamlin, Jacobs||Y||Y|
|Developing a new treatment technology for destroying PFAS (DE-FLUOROTM) - Rick Parkman, AECOM||Y||Y|