The remaining five members of the BS ISO 18400 series of standards listed below have now been published by BSI.
The newly published standards are:
- BS ISO 18400-104:2018 Soil quality – Sampling - Strategies
- BS ISO 18400-202:2018 Soil quality – Sampling - Preliminary investigations
- BS ISO 18400-203: 2018 Soil quality – Sampling – Guidance on the investigation of potentially contaminated sites
- BS ISO 18400-205: 2018 Soil quality – Sampling – Guidance on the procedure for the investigation of natural, near-natural and cultivated sites
- BS ISO 18400-206:2018 Soil quality – Sampling – Guidance on the collection, handling and storage of soil for assessment of biological functional and structural endpoints in the laboratory
BS ISO 18400-100:2017 Soil quality - Sampling – Guidance on the selection of sampling standards has been reissued with a new foreword acknowledging publication of the five new members of the BS ISO 18400 series of standards.
ISO 18400-204:2017 Soil quality – Sampling – Guidance on sampling of soil gas has not been adopted as a BS because it overlaps with BS 8576.
The new standards are intended to be used as appropriate in conjunction with BS 10175:2011 + A2:2017.
BS ISO 18400-104 is essential for the proper application of BS 10175.
BS ISO 10381-1 and BS ISO 10381-6 will be withdrawn.