Update13/05/2019: This position is now filled.
CL:AIRE is seeking to appoint a full-time Definition of Waste Code of Practice (DoW CoP) Standards Officer to be based in Reading.
CL:AIRE is an independent, not-for-profit organisation which develops best practice guidance, improves industry performance and promotes the work of its members.
The position offers an opportunity to contribute to the development of CL:AIRE’s expanding Definition of Waste: Development Industry Code of Practice initiative. This position will offer the successful candidate a unique position and experience within the land management industry.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities:
- On-going auditing of DoW CoP project Materials Management Plans, supporting documents and Declarations.
- Report / guidance drafting.
- Liaising with relevant Regulators.
- Supporting the content development and delivery of CL:AIRE training provisions.
- Assisting with the reviewing and updating of website technical content.
- Managing general technical enquiries.
Knowledge and Skills:
- First degree in Earth or Environmental Sciences, or other relevant subject.
- MSc in Geotechnical Engineering, Engineering Geology or other relevant subject, with focus on Land Contamination preferred but not essential.
- Auditing experience.
- Strong familiarity with contaminated land guidance and legislation beneficial and the DoW CoP preferred.
- Highly numerate, with ability to understand and manage large datasets.
- Capability of producing written reports to a high standard, presenting technical information clearly and concisely.
- Good communication / presentation skills.
- Membership of relevant Professional Institute preferred.
- Right to work in the UK without restriction.
- Competitive salary
- Generous holiday allowance
- Company Pension Scheme
- Flexible working conditions
- Job Type: Full-time
If you are interested in this position, please upload your CV using the "Apply for a position with CL:AIRE" box on this page.