CL:AIRE is seeking to appoint a Definition of Waste Code of Practice (DoW CoP) Standards Officer to be based in Reading. The role will initially be for 1 year as maternity cover, with the option of extending.
The position offers an opportunity to contribute to the development of CL:AIRE’s expanding Definition of Waste: Development Industry Code of Practice initiative.
This position will offer the successful candidate a unique position and experience within the land management industry.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Support on-going auditing of DoW CoP project Materials Management Plans, supporting documents, and Declarations.
- Report / guidance drafting.
- Supporting the content development and delivery of CL:AIRE training provisions.
- Assisting with the reviewing and updating of website technical content.
- Managing general technical inquiries.
Knowledge and Skills:
- First degree in Earth or Environmental Sciences, or other relevant subjects.
- MSc in Geotechnical Engineering, Engineering Geology or other relevant subjects, with a focus on Land Contamination preferred but not essential.
- Auditing experience.
- Strong familiarity with land quality guidance and legislation beneficial and the DoW CoP preferred.
- Highly numerate, with the ability to understand and manage large datasets.
- The capability of producing written reports to a high standard, presenting technical information clearly and concisely.
- Good communication / presentation skills.
- Membership of relevant Professional Institute preferred.
- Right to work in the UK without restriction.
- Competitive salary
- Generous holiday allowance
- Company Pension Scheme
- Flexible working conditions
1-year contract initially.
If you are interested in this position, please upload your CV using the "Apply for a position with CL:AIRE" box on this page.