The revised Publicly Available Specification (PAS) 128:2022 Underground utility detection, veriﬁcation and location has recently been published and is available here.
The purpose of this PAS is to set out clear and unambiguous provisions for those engaged in the detection, verification and location of active, abandoned, redundant or unknown utilities. It aims to provide:
- clarity in the service provided and methods employed;
- consistency in the approach to data capture;
- classification of the results and the confidence that can be associated with them;
- an indication of the effort required to be confident that the survey is capable in principle of achieving higher accuracy levels in different settings; standardisation of the format of deliverables; and
- accountability for the work undertaken.
This supersedes PAS 128:2014, which is now withdrawn.