CL:AIRE is seeking to appoint a full-time Geo/Environmental Professional to be based in Reading.
CL:AIRE is an independent, not-for-profit organisation which develops best practice guidance, improves industry performance and promotes the work of its members.
The position offers an opportunity to contribute to the development of CL:AIRE’s expanding Definition of Waste: Development Industry Code of Practice (DoW CoP) initiative. This position will offer the successful candidate a unique position and experience within the land management industry.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Monitoring and reviewing DoW CoP Declarations.
- Liaising with Qualified Persons to ensure high-standards our project audit trails.
- Research and writing of DoW CoP case studies.
- Assisting with DoW CoP projects audits.
- Supporting the delivery of CL:AIRE training provisions.
- Reviewing and updating website technical content.
- Presentation / promotion of DoW CoP and other CL:AIRE initiatives at industry events.
- Managing general technical enquiries.
Knowledge and Skills:
- First degree in Earth or Environmental Sciences, or other relevant subject.
- MSc in Geotechnical Engineering, Engineering Geology or other relevant subject, with focus on Contaminated Land preferred but not essential.
- Work experience in geo-environmental consultancy, preferably in the built environment with a contaminated land and / or geotechnical focus.
- Familiarity with contaminated land guidance and legislation.
- Highly numerate, with ability to understand and manage large datasets.
- Capability of producing written reports to a high standard, presenting technical information clearly and concisely.
- Good communication / presentation skills.
- Attention to detail and capable of some self-management.
- Membership of relevant Professional Institute preferred.
- Right to work in the UK without restriction.
- Competitive Salary
- Generous holiday allowance
- Company Pension Scheme
- Flexible working conditions
If you are interested in this position, please upload your CV using the "Apply for a position with CL:AIRE" box on this page.
Applications close 8 December 2017