Contaminated Land Reports
- CLR3 Documentary research on industrial sites. DoE, 1994 (INFO-RA1a) (PDF, 11.4MB)
- CLR5 Information systems for land contamination. DoE, 1994 (PDF, 4.8MB) (INFO-RA1c)
- CLR8 Potential contaminants for the assessment of land. DEFRA/EA, 2002 (INFO-RA1f) Withdrawn 2008.
- CLR11 Model procedures for the management of contaminated land. DEFRA/EA, 2004 (PDF, 1.83MB) Withdrawn 8 October 2020.
Technical guidance on special sites. EA, 2001 (INFO-RA1d)
- MOD Land (P5-042/TR/01) (PDF, 918KB)
- Chemical weapons sites (P5-042/TR/02) (PDF, 2.5MB)
- Explosives manufacturing and processing (P5-042/TR/03) (PDF, 569KB)
- Acid tar lagoons (P5-042/TR/04) (PDF, 291KB)
- Petroleum refineries (P5-042/TR/05) (PDF, 373KB)
- Nuclear establishments (P5-042/TR/06) (PDF, 392KB)
Technical Guidance for Local Authorities
- Local Authority Guidance on Radioactive Contaminated Land
- CLAN 4-04 Letter from MAFF to Part IIA Authorities, DEFRA, 2004 (INFO-RA1g) (PDF, 592KB).
- CLAN 6-06 Soil Guideline Values: the Way Forward, DEFRA, 2006
- Link to other CLAN Notes
Conceptual Site Model
- Guide to good practice for the development of conceptual models and the selection and application of mathematical models of contaminant transport processes in the subsurface, NC/99/38/2. EA, 2001 (INFO-RA1e)(PDF, 530KB)
- Lorax Animated Information System for Groundwater Assessment and Remediation, GSI, 2017 V2 (20.95 MB)
- Industry profiles (various titles). DoE, 1995 (INFO-RA1b)