Page 6 of 9
System Requirements: Windows 8 or 10. Microsoft Office versions: 365, 2016, 2013, 2010. You need to be connected to the internet when you install GWSDAT version 3.1.
- Download and install the latest version of the open source statistical application "R" available from: http://cran.r-project.org/bin/windows/base/ . Please accept all default settings during installation. (Users must have administrator access rights to install R).
- Download the GWSDAT_v3.10.zip file from http://gwsdat.net/gwsdat_v3-10/ and unzip to somewhere on your C: Drive which is read/writable, e.g. C:\Users\A.N.Other\GWSDAT.
- Open Excel and install the GWSDAT add-in by choosing: "File"> "Options" > "Add-Ins" > "Go" > "Browse" and then select "GWSDAT V3.10.xlam" located in the "C:\Users\A.N.Other\GWSDAT\GWSDAT_v3.10" folder. To avoid any Excel add-in security issues please ensure that this is a trusted location. See link here for troubleshooting Excel Add-in installation issues.
- A menu called "GWSDAT v3.10" will appear in the EXCEL ribbon (on right side) along the top of the EXCEL window.
- To get started with a basic example activate menu by clicking on “GWSDAT v3.10”and then select “Open Example” > select “Basic Example" and then select "Analyse”.
- Note- the first time you run this it may take a while as it needs to download and install some additional R packages.
- To get started with a more complex example activate menu by clicking on “GWSDAT v3.10”and then select “Open Example” > select “Comprehensive Example”, and then select "Analyse”.